Unpacking the tension between different world views of the supernatural…
It’s been a long time in the making, but The Miracles & Atheists Podcast is officially LIVE on this Independence Day, 2020. It seems ironic with all that’s going on in the world at the present moment, to launch a show dedicated to facilitating civil discourse between different world views, especially related to religion and spirituality.
Most would agree there is very little civil discourse going on in the United States. The focus of the world is on division: emotions grow strong and tension becomes crippling. The Miracles & Atheists podcast is coming at a critical time, one that finds our nation paying attention and seeking purpose.
Perhaps this is a fitting time to have important, uncomfortable conversations. Could we show the nation that people of wildly different perspectives talk together, behave as adults, talk in a respectful manner, and even find common ground?
There is a bit of a backstory on how this podcast came to fruition, birthed out of a 7-month season of 4-hour livestream events, and it’s good to bring it back, in this more focused, intentional podcast platform.
Nick Snapp and Marcus Plating share hosting responsibilities for The Miracles & Atheists Podcast and we do our best to break down for our audience:
why we’re taking on this project
what to expect
hot topics that could come up
the type of content
what we would like to accomplish
We’re humbled you decided to listen to our inaugural episode. There’s plenty of TENSION to unpack but we’ll make it worth your while, even have a little fun in the process!
Welcome to The Miracles & Atheists Community (#theMAC).
- Welcome to the MAP [01:00]
- Shout-out to Make it Snappy [03:03]
- Things that make us feel safe [04:10]
- Host intro: Nick Snapp [05:15]
- Host intro: Marcus Plating [08:43]
- Why Nick asked Marcus to co-host [10:50]
- The purpose of Miracles & Atheists [14:29]
- What to expect from the MAP [16:22]
- When to talk about our own beliefs [18:07]
- We’re all adults here [19:05]
- The elephant in the room: getting over the Christian bias [21:17]
- Digging deeper [23:30]
- We’re gonna talk about MIRACLES [25:50]
- Things that might come up [26:45]
- Types of show content [30:00]
- Experience with atheists on the M&A live stream [34:20]
- Closing remarks [37:37]